IAM General Vice President Jim Conigliaro, along with many members of Congress and labor and community leaders, spoke on the steps of the U.S. Capitol in support of the Keep Our Pensions Promises Act, a bill that would protect the pensions of retired workers. WATCH: Retirees Rally Congress to Protect Pensions “The IAM will stand […]
Tag: u.s. capital
- IAM Local 811 Makes Donations to Houston Women’s Group July 29, 2021The IAM Local 811 Women’s Committee recently donated toiletries and hygiene products, as well as a check of $500 from IAM General Secretary-Treasurer Dora Cervantes to The Women’s Home in Houston. The Women’s Home was established in 1957 to help women during an economic hardship. The group’s mission is to building communities that strengthen women and support families as […]
- IAM Applauds Panel Approval of Rep. Golden’s Multi-year Procurement Amendment for U.S. Navy DDG-51 Destroyers July 29, 2021The IAM recently sent a letter to the House Armed Services Committee strongly supporting U.S. Rep. Jared Golden’s (D-ME) amendment to the Fiscal Year 2022 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for a new multi-year procurement (MYP) contract for Flight III DDG-51 destroyers. This week, the House Armed Services Seapower and Projection Forces Subcommittee approved the Golden amendment that […]
- IAM Transportation Department Participates in Aviation Labor Recovery Roundtable July 29, 2021Chief of Staff to the International President Richard Johnsen, along with a coalition of aviation labor leaders, recently participated in an Aviation Labor Recovery Roundtable call with Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Steve Dickson and U.S. Transportation Department Deputy Secretary Polly Trottenberg. The main topics discussed were airline workforce shortages that result in flight cancelations, delays, […]
- Machinists Celebrate National Whistleblower Appreciation Day July 29, 2021National Whistleblower Appreciation Day, an annual celebration honoring the contributions of whistleblowers around the world who have bravely stepped forward to expose waste, fraud, and abuse, will be recognized on Friday, July 30, 2021. In commemoration of the event, the U.S. Department of Labor participates in the National Whistleblower Center’s all-day virtual event, featuring speeches from whistleblowers, […]
- IAM Members Set to Launch ULA Atlas V Rocket and Boeing Starliner Spacecraft July 29, 2021IAM Local 610 members at United Launch Alliance (ULA) in Cape Canaveral, FL are scheduled to launch the United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket and Boeing’s Crew Space Transportation (CST)-100 Starliner spacecraft on its Orbital Flight Test-2 (OFT-2) to the International Space Station (ISS). The launch is scheduled for Friday, July 30. The 197-foot tall […]
- IAM Local 811 Makes Donations to Houston Women’s Group July 29, 2021The IAM Local 811 Women’s Committee recently donated toiletries and hygiene products, as well as a check of $500 from IAM General Secretary-Treasurer Dora Cervantes to Women’s Home in Houston. The Women’s Home was established in 1957 to help women during an economic hardship. The group’s mission is to building communities that strengthen women and support families as […]
- Fair and Open Skies Act Will Protect U.S. Airline Industry July 27, 2021The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) joined a coalition of labor organizations to call on Congress to support the “Fair and Open Skies Act” introduced by US Representative Peter Defazio (D-OR). The legislation, among other things, would give the Department of Transportation (DOT) the authority needed to protect the wages, benefits and […]
- Lobbying Efforts Result in Strong IAM District 19 Contracts with Metro North, Long Island Rail Road July 27, 2021IAM District 19 recently ratified two new agreements with Metro North and Long Island Rail Road. The new contracts are the result of the lobbying efforts of the IAM, several other transportation unions and members from around the country. Because of this lobbying, the IAM has retained all the positions at Metro North and […]
- IAM District 751 Ensures Justice on the Job July 27, 2021Our Union scored a victory for justice on the job, as an arbitrator recently overturned yet another unjust termination from The Boeing Company. This arbitrator’s decision had broader consequences, as there were four other members in a similar situation from the same crew that we were also challenging. The arbitrator’s decision was comprehensive and critical, […]
- St. Louis IAM Locals 837 A&B Prepare for Boeing Negotiations July 27, 2021It’s never too early to prepare for future working conditions. Members of IAM Locals 837A and 837B in St. Louis learned best practices for Boeing negotiations next year. The William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center’s Field Negotiations Preparation course is one of the most popular classes offered to locals across North America and taking it […]
- 141 Report: “A Proper Send-Off” in SFO Celebrates Retirements and Solidarity July 30, 2021The post 141 Report: “A Proper Send-Off” in SFO Celebrates Retirements and Solidarity appeared first on IAM District 141.
- Passenger Rage is So Bad the TSA is Offering Free Self Defense Classes July 29, 2021The post Passenger Rage is So Bad the TSA is Offering Free Self Defense Classes appeared first on IAM District 141.
- Our View: Airlines Slowly Returning to Profitability Thanks to PSP July 28, 2021The post Our View: Airlines Slowly Returning to Profitability Thanks to PSP appeared first on IAM District 141.