- Hundreds of IAM Local 701 Mechanics Strike for Fair Contract in Chicagoland August 3, 2021About 800 Chicago-area auto mechanics went on strike this week. The mechanics, represented by IAM Automobile Mechanics Local 701, recently rejected a proposed labor contract from the Chicago New Car Dealer Committee (NCDC) that they say stopped short of key demands on issues like pay, health insurance and technician training. The mechanics of 56 new car dealerships […]
- IAM Reopens Winpisinger Education and Technology Center to In-Person Classes August 3, 2021With COVID-19 protocols in place, the IAM reopened its classrooms this week at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center in Hollywood, MD, to participants resuming in-person programs for the first time since March 2020. The nearly two dozen IAM members are attending Leadership 1. “Our instructors and members quickly and successfully adapted to an online learning […]
- Washington State District 751 Hospice Workers Rally for First Contract August 3, 2021Solidarity with CHI hospice workers was alive and well on Monday, June 7th. More than 100 people turned out on short notice to ensure these dedicated workers know they are not alone in their struggle for fairness from their employer. Participants included Union Stewards, RN’s from St. Joseph and other medical facilities, families of patients […]
- New Appointments for the IAM Eastern Territory August 3, 2021International President Robert Martinez Jr. has appointed Grand Lodge Representative Dave Sullivan to serve as the Chief of Staff of the Eastern Territory. In addition, he has appointed Education Representative Lorie Wilson, Communications Representative Andrew Hounshell, and District 4 Directing Business Representative George Edwards as Special Representatives assigned to the Eastern Territory. “I am very […]
- San Francisco Air Transport Locals 1781, 1782 Celebrate Retirements and Solidarity August 3, 2021Last week, over 1,000 members from District 141 Local Lodges 1781 and 1782 in Burlingame, CA enjoyed food, live music, games and camaraderie while saluting their brothers and sisters who are retiring from United, American, Hawaiian and other carriers. “As a proud member of Local 1781, I commend District 141, Local 1781 and Local 1782 […]
- IAM Local 811 Makes Donations to Houston Women’s Group July 29, 2021The IAM Local 811 Women’s Committee recently donated toiletries and hygiene products, as well as a check of $500 from IAM General Secretary-Treasurer Dora Cervantes to The Women’s Home in Houston. The Women’s Home was established in 1957 to help women during an economic hardship. The group’s mission is to building communities that strengthen women and support families as […]
- IAM Applauds Panel Approval of Rep. Golden’s Multi-year Procurement Amendment for U.S. Navy DDG-51 Destroyers July 29, 2021The IAM recently sent a letter to the House Armed Services Committee strongly supporting U.S. Rep. Jared Golden’s (D-ME) amendment to the Fiscal Year 2022 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for a new multi-year procurement (MYP) contract for Flight III DDG-51 destroyers. This week, the House Armed Services Seapower and Projection Forces Subcommittee approved the Golden amendment that […]
- IAM Transportation Department Participates in Aviation Labor Recovery Roundtable July 29, 2021Chief of Staff to the International President Richard Johnsen, along with a coalition of aviation labor leaders, recently participated in an Aviation Labor Recovery Roundtable call with Federal Aviation Administration Administrator Steve Dickson and U.S. Transportation Department Deputy Secretary Polly Trottenberg. The main topics discussed were airline workforce shortages that result in flight cancelations, delays, […]
- Machinists Celebrate National Whistleblower Appreciation Day July 29, 2021National Whistleblower Appreciation Day, an annual celebration honoring the contributions of whistleblowers around the world who have bravely stepped forward to expose waste, fraud, and abuse, will be recognized on Friday, July 30, 2021. In commemoration of the event, the U.S. Department of Labor participates in the National Whistleblower Center’s all-day virtual event, featuring speeches from whistleblowers, […]
- IAM Members Set to Launch ULA Atlas V Rocket and Boeing Starliner Spacecraft July 29, 2021IAM Local 610 members at United Launch Alliance (ULA) in Cape Canaveral, FL are scheduled to launch the United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket and Boeing’s Crew Space Transportation (CST)-100 Starliner spacecraft on its Orbital Flight Test-2 (OFT-2) to the International Space Station (ISS). The launch is scheduled for Friday, July 30. The 197-foot tall […]
- IAMAW District 141 Names Three Auditors August 3, 2021The post IAMAW District 141 Names Three Auditors appeared first on IAM District 141.
- Survey: 82% of JetBlue Ground Workers Worry About Getting Fired August 3, 2021The post Survey: 82% of JetBlue Ground Workers Worry About Getting Fired appeared first on IAM District 141.
- 2021 Adolph Stutz Memorial Scholarship Winners Announced August 2, 2021The post 2021 Adolph Stutz Memorial Scholarship Winners Announced appeared first on IAM District 141.